About Ciumani

Ciumani is situated in Transylvanisa, in the southern part of Szeklerland, Harghita county.

The settlement is built along the banks of the river Maros lie at the foot of Délhegy, whixh connects the Harghita Mountains with the Görgényi Mountains.

Ciumani is believed to have been founded in the time of Hunyadi János, because it is very likely that there was an ancient fortress on top of Várhegy. The first homestead was appeard on today’s Farkasdomb, where Csoma Ferenc from Kiskőrös also lived, and from whom later the village, Csomafalva, got tis name (Chyomaffalva), at this time the village had approximately 200-300 inhabitants and still belonged to the parish of Joseni.

The first church of the village was built in 1728, int he place of the old chapel with wooden tower, and two years later it became independent from the parosh of Joseni.

Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support